[alt-photo] Re: a large-format horizontal enlarger with tilt shift mechanism?

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Thu Dec 2 17:40:28 GMT 2010

Greg, thanks for your response. I think the methodology I'm
trying to implement is very close to what you brought up.

From: Greg Schmitz <coldbay1 at gmail.com>
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: a large-format horizontal enlarger with tilt shift mechanism?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:17:11 -0900

> There were a number of companies making rear and front
> projection systems in the 1970's and early 80's for commercial
> portrait photographers.

Umm... I've only seen modern one that uses special screen
using microprisms. But it makes sense that people already
tried the old tech versions.

> Perhaps you've seen some of those
> cheesy portraits with studio lighting and fall foliage in the
> background.

What would be a good keyword to use for google search on those
examples? I'm very curious to see, but "cheesy portraits
1970s" gave me pictures that were either bad or cool and not
cheesy...

But any of these close to what you meant by cheesy portraits?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/patricia-zohn/culture-zohn-cindy-sherma_b_144589.html

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)