[alt-photo] Re: platinum

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 21 14:15:38 GMT 2010

If your real world has mostly palladium in your print, then the effect may
be vey small, but if your prints are mostly PT, it may be a lot. Certainly
enough to show up so a quick test against one's standard should be looked
at.

I think you'd be better off adding the water back in now. The crystals on
the bottom of the bottle will be hard to get out and such a small weight you
will not be able to weigh the with great accuracy unless you have a very
good scale.

Most printers have solutions of palladium far from saturation however. If
you follow B&S formula, there is a lot of head room before you approach
saturation with an Na based palladium solution. you platinum is the only one
at a high level. I did notice that Artcraft is selling the ammonium based
platinum which allows you to have more pt in solution. It is close to the
same price per gram too.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9