[alt-photo] Re: and a warning...

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Tue Feb 2 03:21:15 GMT 2010

Thanks Loris, thanks Paul....

In the X number of years (since the mid '90s???) I've been following "the
list," this was the longest time without a message... (except maybe after
9/11)... and, since my computer hates me, I couldn't help wondering if it
simply decided to cut me off...

(Don't ask me why it hates me -- there was a story in the NY Times
magazine this week about a man whose DOG hates him, and dogs are far more
loyal than computers.)

Meanwhile, however, today I got an e-mail purportedly from
"mailman-owner at list"... with something about a monthly re-registration
"reminder", supposedly sent out "once a month" re list memberships.
Since (a) in all these years I never heard of such a thing, and (b through
z) the only entities I've ever encountered that asked for my password were
blatant frauds, I assume I'm not the only one who got this come-on -- and
in any event, strongly advise ...DON'T !!!

(Rule of thumb: anyone, up to and probably including your mother, who asks
for your password is up to no good.)

This one, btw, was smoother than the usual pfishers ... no misspelled
words or klutzy grammar... but still...

Could that be where everybody went?????

J.