[alt-photo] Re: Which current A3+ Epson printers for digital negatives?

Trevor Cunningham trevor at chalkjockeys.com
Wed Feb 3 16:26:24 GMT 2010

I have a similar international dilemma: In Riyadh, the Epson reseller
here is charging the MSRP for the R2880, but +$500 over MSRP for the
3800. I asked why, but no response. Other reading I've done also
discusses a consumptive consideration between the two. The 3800's ink
is, by volume, half the cost. But at what printing load am I going to
really feel the difference financially? If I'm not doing more than a few
prints a week, should I invest in 80mL inkwells?