[alt-photo] Re: Paper Negatives

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 9 13:46:54 GMT 2010

That's probably true, Judy (about the waxed paper negatives, not the
paper cup and string).  But I'm guessing since alternatives do now
exist, there are other reasons people would want to go that much
trouble to make and use these waxed paper negatives  I have to believe
the decision to go that route is, in part, aesthetic (and not
monetary).  But that's just a guess.

There's a photographer in this area who makes these really intriguing
images on wood, and then covers them with NC beeswax-- apparently,
pretty easy to find around here.  And I think paraffin (for canning)
is easily found here, too-- still in the grocery store.  Maybe it's
only in the South where people still can.  ;)

Diana