[alt-photo] Re: Paper Negatives

Laura V laura at lavatop.com
Wed Feb 10 13:08:44 GMT 2010

Paul, nice effect on the Rives...I love the Lone Tree. Is the one on
Fabriano hot pressed or cold?

I've tried the same ink jet paper you used for paper negatives, but I
oiled them with baby oil instead of waxing. I found registration really
difficult because the paper neg was not very transparent, and I register
by eyeball. I was printing on Fabriano hot pressed, and didn't notice
any remarkably different effect than if I had used OHP. (I didn't test
the same image with OHP though, so that's not a scientific observation).
I was surprised that my exposure time was the same as I would have used
for OHP.

When you say you "melt the beeswax" on the paper, so you mean you just
rub the block of wax over the heated paper on the stove, or do you melt
the wax separately and then brush it on?

Thanks!
Laura