[alt-photo] Re: "Altered Photography" - was Re: Re: "Alternative" printing?

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Sun Feb 14 20:53:24 GMT 2010

> Maybe we should make the distinction between imagery as captured by  the
> camera vs. those constructed in Photoshop.

And how will be defined who prints in gum bichromate an image constructed in
Photoshop?

In my group (Gruppo Rodolfo Namias) we discussed some years ago on the
meaning of "alternative" and we remained without a... well defined
definition.
Alternative to what?
Silver? And what about the films for the shot?
Industry-made materials? And about the paper? We all do not make our one.
Pigments? Gelatine? Chemicals?
Perhaps what is more pronounced in our works is the handicraft than a pure
hobby, but also this characteristic is both too strict and too broad.

Alberto