[alt-photo] Re: Prints on Aluminum

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sun Feb 21 15:09:46 GMT 2010

Rajul,
These are, as is all your work, actually, gorgeous once again.

I'm telling you, your work would fit in right now to this Abstraction article I am reading.  My guess is that in person they even have more of a presence.

They remind me of abstract Georgia O'Keeffe's.

Figure, Budding, Jester #2 are my faves. Least is Veiled 1 (it is not as soft and undulating, more stucco-like).

How are your edges--displayed or not?  How framed?  In other words, is the dark edge that shows up in some of the images on some of the sides but not all four just in how you photographed, and do you frame them leaving the edge exposed?  Do you just attach a hanging thingy to the back and hang them that way?  Etc. etc.

Forgive me if you have already answered this in another post as I have had to speed read this week.

I'll show them to my class when we start gum in a couple weeks, thanks for sharing,

I keep a file called Contemporary Photography.  In it, when I go through my magazines (PDN, ARTnews, Art in America, Photo Technique, exposure) I rip out articles, throw the magazines away, and save them.  So in prep for this lecture at KSU I went through my whole file.  What's neat about that is I almost get the year in focus of what is on the art scene photographically speaking, or even two years as the case may be with my reading time of late.  We all know that now is the predominance of huge digital works...but then there are these "outliers", this abstraction article, I discovered Gerald Slota's work in one article (check him out, very little on him, though)....my goal always being to see what is the trend and how alt fits into it.

I find that this is definitely the time for imperfect beauty.  Food photography is messy, for instance.  And all that can be done in gum!

Well, that is enough of that train of thought.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com