[alt-photo] Re: Sky banding - 3800 Printer

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 18:15:15 GMT 2010

Amy

This is a tough problem and I agree with others that these are not mechanical roller marks. A couple suggestions here. You should be able to print a test print on a photo glossy paper and see the banding. Regular paper is not as good as it  doeas not show smooth transitions well. That would help with troubleshooting.  Are you sure that one or more nozzles are not firing?  It almost seems that this happens as the head moves in one direction, but not in the other. Are you using bi-directional printing?
Epson 3800 has enough density to print one or two inks. Can you try another ink combination? Just yellow and black has plenty of density.

Finally to eliminate bad substrate print the picture with paper in the other direction.

SOrry, nothing easy here.

Marek