[alt-photo] Re: ARCHIVALITY

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 22 19:44:21 GMT 2010

Yeah, that's sort of how I feel.  I've instructed my family that I
would really prefer, when I'm long gone, that my work not show up in a
box, please, in the local "antique" store.  I hadn't even thought
about it all being tossed on the sidewalk in a cardboard box.  So
thanks for that vision, Judy.   I'll now mention that to them, too. :)

To see old family photographs, or even beautifully cared-for "estate"
jewelry, etc out there- often at bargain-basement prices- really
saddens me.  Of course, that doesn't prevent me from taking advantage
of those great finds-- but I always wonder-- isn't there at least one
surviving family member who sees the value in keeping these gems (both
literal and not)?  Seeing family photographs out there, especially, is
such a heartbreaker.

Diana