[alt-photo] Re: Sky banding - 3800 Printer

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 23 20:19:01 GMT 2010

Hi Amy,

This probably won't help you, and I think someone else may have
already mentioned this-- but when you printed the same image/negative
on someone else's 3800, was it also with the "ultra premium" Pictorico?

I wrote in not long ago, asking about the difference between the
"ultra premium" and the regular "premium," because I needed to
purchase more-- and didn't know what the difference might be.  At the
time, someone wrote in and said they'd had real problems using the
"ultra premium," though I now don't remember what the specific
problems were.  So I opted to continue with the regular old "premium"
stuff.  So I was just wondering if you've tried it out on the regular
"premium" Pictorico, or some other transparency, and if you have, are
you getting the same problem?

I was printing consistently (negatives) on my 3800 a few weeks ago,
and out of nowhere, I started getting these narrow lines-- on the
whole negative--not just sky area.  I did all the things Epson tells
you you're supposed to do, and it didn't help.  So I ended up doing
all those cleaning cycles three times (which wastes a lot of ink), and
the weird lines cleared up after that.   I haven't had any problem
since-- and that was really the first time I'd encountered something
like that.

You've no doubt tried all those things, but thought I'd mention them
anyway.

Diana