[alt-photo] Re: "Dangers of dichromate," continued....

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Mon Jan 11 03:36:35 GMT 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Dirk-Jan Treffers wrote:

  ....The solid that is
formed, however, contains Cr(VI) ions.Those are very dangerous (the same
ions that are present in AmDichrom.) You already know the hazardous effects
of that stuff, I ussume: can cause cancer, dangerous for women who are
pregnant/unborn child/reproductive risk...etc).

Oh please.... In the first place nowadays pregant women hardly use
ordinary air. I've been using Am di for at least 30 years and taught
hundreds of space-cadet ungraduates to use it, in person and in print....
I have yet to hear of or witness ONE case of *any* of the above, or even a
hint of it, and any "unborn" in question turned out to be perfect
geniuses.

I'll add, moreover, that we handle, breathe, and even eat MANY materials
daily (come taste the air on my street, especially when the wind is from
New Jersey, check a couple of the cleaning agents under my sink (yours,
too), and/or the fumes therefrom -- for the most obvious of many lethal
potions in common use)... So I suspect that the above list of threats
is... trying too hard....

Not to mention that a printer who eats, drinks, splashes in, wears,
sprinkles, breathes or otherwise imbibes or rolls in dichromate is
suicidal anyway.

In fact I'd bet that many things (diets high in fat and salt, cigarettes,
habit-forming drugs, among a slew of entirely unregulated materials) can
be at least as dangerous and folks gleefully indulge and giggle about them
into whatever old age luck,life, and heredity grant them.

As for "the volcano experiment," one who indulges and then "cleans up"
without excellent face mask and/or other suitable protection knows better
& is just being smart-ass, for which no known cure exists.

Judy

Now for the application of
gumprinting, these risks are neglectable when taking the right precautions.
But with the vulcano experiment, cleaning up the mess is quite more
difficult... The vulcano-effect also means that some of this solid that is
formed, is blown into the air which you breath...

But, thank God for the internet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=q2VLIbU6rh4

so far my two cents to this topic!

kind regards,