[alt-photo] Re: Chlorox Bleach Development of Gum

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:53:22 GMT 2010

Cor,

Could you put the print online for us to see?

I am happy to hear that more people try and experiment with gum development.

One of the tricks that might be related to the recent idea of just using high pH solutions for gum development is the use of metabisufate soak. The solution of metabisulfate is also basic.

In addition to just a short soak for clearing dichromate stain, a somewhat longer soak will soften the emulsion somewhat to the extent that is nicely workable with bristle brushes. I have used this extensively to work on and correct dried prints.

I should try to see if metabisulfate can be used as succesfully as chlorox for gum development.

Marek