[alt-photo] German magazines and museums

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sun Jan 17 23:07:42 GMT 2010

Dear All, (sent twice because I sent the first to the old sask. address)

Going through all my German sources on gum right now, and I am wondering if anyone on the list is aware of the differences between the Photographische Rundschau from around 1900 and the Wiener Photographische Blaetter--did one cater more to art photography than the other?

Thanks to whomever suggested the Google translator.  Even though it doesn't do a perfect job with German from around that time, it does enough for me to get the gist of the article.

Another question:  I have on record that the Folkwang Museum in Essen has a large collection of Kuehn gum prints, and the Hamburger Museum has many Behren prints.  Any other museum in Germany have an excellent not-to-miss gum collection?

Anyone seen Paul Anderson's extensive gum collection at U of A in Tucson?

Does the Ransom center have a large gum collection?

As you can tell, I am seeking large gum collections, having only seen the Eastman House's collection to date, aside from gum prints hither and thither.

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com

Christina Z. Anderson