[alt-photo] Re: 1922 Kodak Sulfonic Acid Dye

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Thu Jul 1 17:42:40 GMT 2010

Mustafa,

In my 1925 edition of E.J.Wall's "History of Three Color Photography", Wall
describes a two-color "Kodachrome" process that is very similar. The dyes
were "salts of sulfonic acids, the names and composition never having been
published, and were an orange-red and a blue-green".

Of course, this was written in 1925 or earlier. It is possible that later
Kodak _did_ produce some more information about these dyes, but I'm not
aware of it.

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain