[alt-photo] Re: evaporation of gum mixture

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Fri Jul 2 20:01:29 GMT 2010

> ...or the water in the gum arabic? Of course, that must be it...
>
> So can I just add water to bring it back to its original weight and be
> fine?

I can tell you that some mixtures, whose container I believed to be air
tight, completely dried in two years in my refrigerator AND not developing
any mould (sodium azide added as preservative). They were about 50 cc at the
beginning, so preparing new ones was easier and safer than hydrate them.

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art102.html