[alt-photo] Re: etching ink with gumoil?

Jim Larimer jrlarimer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:16:04 GMT 2010

Paul, I have not tried either of these approaches, but I have tried
water-soluable oil paints, and it does not work. Or, I should say, it did
not work for me. An oil based printing ink may work..it is worth a try. But,
if you thought that gum bichromate printing was challenging in the
beginning, be prepared because gumoil will be more so by a factor of at
least 10-50!  Here are some gumoils that I have done that are posted on
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2011223&id=1314497532
<http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2011223&id=1314497532>Jim L