[alt-photo] Re: changing the topic--sort of

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Wed Jul 14 23:08:50 GMT 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, Christina Anderson wrote:

> This is one area where guys do not have to worry--unless wearing a kilt
> I suppose... Chris

Actually Chris, guys do too have to worry -- if in this day & age such
stuff is to worry about:  I've several times over the years seen a guy
walking down the street clearly oblivious to the fact that his fly open &
his white underwear in full view...  Maybe it's because women's underwear
(and under-parts) are more highly sexualized than men's...?  or whatever,
but it's all determined by the culture anyway...  there was a time when a
woman visibly not wearing a corset -- or bra -- was a scandal... and,
needless to say, there was also a time when nobody wore nothing much
except maybe the occasional bear skin in cold weather...

(It is kind of curious anyway when you think about it.... why the taboo?
I mean it's not as if someone had 3 of something, or none, or....
whatever.)

Judy