[alt-photo] Re: ?: Re: Official press release about HPlarge formatnegatives

Keith Gerling keith.gerling at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:54:27 GMT 2010

Heresy perhaps, but I would beg to differ with that last statement.  There
are examples of paintings, photographs and sculpture and film that *I* find
especially captivating although the image may be minimal, abstract or
particularly droll.  Perhaps it is texture, or the use of color, or the
manner in which washes or impasto is used to build up the work,  but the
work still has substance even though the fundamental image might be
lacking.