[alt-photo] Re: Zia standard solutions

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Tue Jul 20 14:47:15 GMT 2010

Jalo,
Being consistent with what you do is the most important thing. For instance, I used to measure out my dichromate with a gram scale to get exactly a 15% and put it in 75ml water and then fill to 100ml.  Now I just add 2 tsp. of dichromate to 100ml--quick and easy and close enough to a 15%, but because I use it that way all the time and have calibrated with that dilution, I have consistency.  But gum is more forgiving than other processes.  When I mix my own palladium solutions with the powdered palladium, I measure exact and don't sneeze or breathe. Once I was mixing $1000 worth of palladium powder for a class and I was so freaked I would spill and then have to foot the bill....
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com