[alt-photo] Re: Zia standard solutions

Vedos vedos at samk.fi
Tue Jul 20 15:17:41 GMT 2010

OK, trying to be consistent.
Thanks for the info, Eric!

-Jalo

From: alt-photo-process-list-bounces at lists.altphotolist.org [alt-photo-process-list-bounces at lists.altphotolist.org] On Behalf Of EJ Photo [ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:38 PM
To: 'The alternative photographic processes mailing list'
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: Zia standard solutions

Mixing a solution can be done either way. However, if you are trying to mix
a solution of certain matching strength, it is best to follow the authors
original intent if you can follow the math. Typos do happen so if a logical
path is being laid out, say 1 of these needs 1 of those to work, make one of
these and one of those.

"To make" is more generally the way photo chems are mixed. What ever you do,
don't do it one way this time and then the other way and randomly change it.
Be consistent.

You may wish to do some reading on normal and molar solutions.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226