[alt-photo] Re: Zia standard solutions

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Tue Jul 20 19:36:03 GMT 2010

I think you've missed the point of the question Terry. I suggest that
you re-read the whole question... Christina's message effectively
changed the topic; we aren't talking about how to interpret % solution
strengths anymore, and we definitely aren't talking about the simplicity
or complexity of manuals...

If you want to do something, with also understanding what you are doing,
you MAY actually need a little more knowledge than what is provided in
the manuals ect. "Stoichiometry" is a chemistry term which can be looked
up in the web, and there are many simple (to someone that had their
Chemistry 101 class) explanations present. Since we are dealing with raw
chemicals and do chemical / photochemical reactions while working, I
think we need some - minimum - compulsory chemistry knowledge. If, not
we risk to harm ourselves and/or others...

If a single person in this list will lookup for the term "stoichiometry"
in the web, after my "pointy hat" behaviour of using it "at this level"
(What you're taking us for, BTW?), to me that means I've done good...

I'm not even try to argue with you on how much math is important in many
aspects of life (including art), let alone in our currently technical
context. People should've been loving it instead of intimidating by math...

See the book: "The Art of Mathematics" by Jerry P. King for a good
account on the issue and many more eye opening information:
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Mathematics-Dover-Books/dp/0486450201

Regards,
Loris.

20.07.2010 22:05, Terry King yazmış: