[alt-photo] Re: dilution of pt/pd

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 21 21:53:46 GMT 2010

In the appendix of the Arentz book, Stan Klimek says that he extends the
platinum solution by adding distilled water.

It's my understanding that he doesn't extend the solution if he's using less
than 3ml of total solution (FO + pt). But starting at 3ml he extends by
adding 1.5ml distilled H20, 8ml by adding 3.5ml, 12ml by adding 7.5 ml.

He states that this wetter solution makes for a smoother coat.

I believe he also states that his pt/pd ratio is 1:5.

Paul