[alt-photo] Re: dilution of pt/pd - water in the brush

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Fri Jul 23 20:31:44 GMT 2010

Hi Eric,

2010/7/23 EJ Photo <ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net>:
> In Ware's paper from the late 80's or early 90's, he using a .7M target for
> metals and 1.4M for AFO.

Indeed, his solutions are balanced close to the point of max.
solubility of AFO at room temperature, which is 1.4M (~ 60% IIRC)... I
personally opt to use 45% AFO with a Pd solution precisely balanced to
it. I get pretty convincing blacks that way, therefore haven't felt
the need of trying something stronger - which I'm perfectly sure will
give better results in terms of speed and dmax...

Regards,
Loris.