[alt-photo] Re: dilution of pt/pd

David Ashcraft davidashcraft at sti.net
Sat Jul 24 02:38:13 GMT 2010

> Who is using kits ? Why not get the salts straight from chemical
> suppliers ?

I am using premixed from B&S!  When I looked for the chems to make
from scratch what I was able to find didn't impress me in savings and
when I factored the time it would take to measure and mix I figured it
wasn't worth it.  Perhaps the suppliers were the wrong ones but the
s&h and time just didn't make sense to me.

Although, the fact that I could try different formulas does intrigue
me.  Which brings me to a question.  Could you add to an already mixed
solution of FO some Oxalic acid?  Of course as long as the proportions
are respected.  I ask because of the formulas I have found have the FO
listed as the last ingredient and to my understanding you mix
ingredients in the order listed.

David