[alt-photo] Re: DESICCATE! DESICCATE! DANCE TO THE MUSIC!

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 29 14:09:21 GMT 2010

Hi Loris,

I agree that it's all about "how to present . . . "

I agree, too, that people should "learn something" about the chemicals
involved when teaching this stuff, and most certainly in a beginning
class.  Yes, absolutely.

And, obviously-- by your definition-- I'm not a "normal" person and
most likely didn't have a "normal" high school education, either.
Yeah, that's probably correct, though I've always thought I was pretty
fortunate in that regard. ;)

Not a high school memory-- but I do remember in elementary school, I
had a teacher once who would just stop the class at a moment's notice,
and say "Why don't we just get up and dance?"  And then she'd put the
needle on a record and have us all stand up and do our own individual
versions of modern dance (though she didn't actually call it that),
just swaying any which way to this music, all around the room for 15
minutes or so-- and then we'd eventually get "back to work."  I loved
that, and when I think of elementary school, that's most often what I
remember.  Yeah, I probably didn't have a "normal" education, and I am
ever so grateful for that.

Thanks, Loris.

~Diana