[alt-photo] Re: Klein Blue (ping Katherine...)

Katharine Thayer kthayer at pacifier.com
Thu Jul 29 17:19:25 GMT 2010

Hmm, I was just about to say, after looking at the link, that this
looks almost like dry pigment applied directly to the paper or
canvas, perhaps sprinkling it on a coat of wet acrylic medium to
adhere it to the surface, or mixing it with with medium in a very
strong mix. You could get the intensity that way, without trying to
print it in gum.  Just a thought...

On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Keith Gerling wrote:

> Paul,
>
> There is little difference after you add the gum.  I use dry
> pigment for 95%
> of my work.  I'm not sure what you mean by the price, though.  Some
> of the
> "exotics" can be pricey, but when you consider how many tubes that
> would
> correspond too, they really are pretty cheap.
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Paul Viapiano
> <viapiano at pacbell.net>wrote:
>

>> What about trying an intense dry pigment, as this work you've
>> linked to
>> also uses?
>>
>> I haven't ever worked with dry pigments, but every time I run
>> across them
>> in some out of the way store they are so intense sitting there in the
>> jar...and then I inquire about price...and slink away.
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Gerling" <
>> keith.gerling at gmail.com>

>>> and