[alt-photo] Re: cyanotype [Triangle]

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 3 11:10:45 GMT 2010

Thanks, Loris.   I do allow the paper to dry, of course, before I
stick any of my negatives to it.  (I've at least learned that much in
25 years of working as a photographer-- even if I might not know much
else!)  ;)

As stated before, though, because my darkroom is either cooled by air
conditioning, or heated by forced hot air-- my papers really need
humidifying before coating-- for just about any process I use, it
seems.  I do ensure they're actually damp from the humidifier,
humidifying both front and back, and then don't let them sit too long
to dry-- just long enough that a negative won't be damaged by the
surface.  So, no worries-- I don't print with wet paper as that would,
obviously, be a problem.

Any "lavender" sort of hue I've ever gotten from cyanotype has been
either from toning, or from varying results from different papers or
fabric.  I personally doubt it's humidity that's causing that lavender
effect, but that's just my opinion from my own experience.  I would
actually wonder about trays being used for the water development.
Some small amount of chemical contamination could possibly have an
effect, too, I would think. ??

Anyway, thanks again, Loris.

Diana