[alt-photo] Re: New tricolor gum

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 4 05:25:36 GMT 2010

Loris,

This time I used Arista OHP with a very similar negative as my pt/pd work.

The pigments are all Daniel Smith: Cad Yellow Light, Quinacridone Rose,
Phthalo Blue RS and Formulary gum 1:1 exposed with a NuArc.

Yes, the blue is a bit heavy. I overexposed it because my blue layer always
develops in half the time of my other colors, but it seems that the soft
press paper hangs on to it much better than hot press, at least that's my
guess. Also, I think I could cut the red exposure time by about 10-20%. So,
I think the yellow and cyan could be equal, but cut the red. I'll be trying
this on the next print.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback...it is much appreciated!

Paul