[alt-photo] Re: Richmond, Virginia

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 7 18:26:34 GMT 2010

Hi Chris,

Don't know of anything alt, specifically, but 1708 Gallery has a
current show going with several artists-- though I think only one
photographer(?)-- but it's Willie Anne Wright, who is showing some
Lumen prints.  I think this show is on through the 4th.  And another
gallery in Richmond, Reynolds Gallery, is worth checking out.  Again,
not sure of anything alt going on right now, but they do represent
Sally Mann, so possibly worth visiting.  And if you're going to be
there, you could check out VCU to see if anything specific is going
on.  Their photography program is really strong (though active in alt
processes, I don't know).

Diana