[alt-photo] Re: Another tricolor...

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Wed Jun 9 23:36:01 GMT 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Paul Viapiano wrote:

cut

> But, like cadmium, potassium and ammonium dichromates are also devastating to
> the environment regardless of who tells you that they are OK or benign. So
> that is why none of it, cadmium or dichromate, goes down my drain. All first
> wash water gets bottled and all brush cleaning water along with it. None of
> this stuff belongs in a public drain, regardless of who tells you otherwise.

For what it's worth I do recall that in the "old days" when Mike Ware was
still on the list, he gave some explanation (which I followed then, but
forget now) for why bichromate underwent some change (into Stage 3 or
like that) in the exposure/development process that made it more or less
OK to use...

That should of course be in the archive of the list... if someone has the
software (and the interest/energy) to find it...

> Don't rely on experts. Experts said offshore underwater drilling was safe,
> too.

OK, don't *rely* on "experts", but listen to them ... they can't all be
wrong... Which is to say, there IS info out there !

J.