[alt-photo] Re: Another tricolor...

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 10 00:05:04 GMT 2010

It goes to a municipal toxic disposal facility.

This is my personal solution in stewardship of my community and its
environment.

Mike Ware explained to me about the breakdown of carcinogenic chromium in
dichromates to a less harmful chromium (III) state after mixing with a
reducing agent, and in that alkaline state precipitating to a pretty inert
hydroxide. He also mentioned that he wouldn't opine on disposal or its
ethics, if I recall.

Mike reads the list and I hope he'll correct me if I have it wrong. He is an
awesome member of this community and I still feel bad about my remark from
several months ago in which a secondhand hearsaid comment triggered a
reaction from me not seen since I moved out of the old neighborhood ;-)

Paul