[alt-photo] Re: cyanotype and brushes?

Bruce steelbar at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 14 04:02:41 GMT 2010

Hi Trever
I have used a foam brush for years and found it worked well if I used the same method that water colour artiest use for painting sky. I tape the paper to a board that is slanted at about 25% and than start brushing the emulsion from the top. The emulsion flows down the paper to the bottom of the stroke and as you brush the next stoke it caries any excess emulsion down to the next level. When I reach the bottem of the paper I just use a small piece of cloth to draw away any excess. It takes a little practice to get the right amount of emulsion but it has worked for me.
Bruce