[alt-photo] Petzval lens example pics (was Re: two alt listers with big big big)

Joseph Smigiel smieglitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:34:35 GMT 2010

If any one is interested in Petzval lens images, both with and
without the swirl effect, there is a group on Flickr dedicated to
their use:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/868027@N25/pool/

FWIW, I also have some more typical non-swirly Petzval images on my
Flickr pages.  The one linked below was taken with an f/3.8 16"
Wollensak Vitax on a plate for which the lens was designed to cover.
Hence, no swirls but very shallow depth-of-field since exposed wide-
open.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smieglitz/4225703687/in/
set-72157594372195757/

Joe