[alt-photo] Re: preserving gum arabic solution

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Thu Jun 17 20:56:33 GMT 2010

I prepared a gallon of gum some 27 years ago, and dropped a couple of
crystals of thymol in it, less than a gram. The crystals don't dissolve in
the gum, but float on the surface, forming an antiseptic atmosphere. The gum
has darkened considerably but is still perfectly usable. In my opinion
there's nothing to gain splitting the stock in smaller recipients.

Tom Sobota