[alt-photo] Re: stainless trays for gum?

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 22 22:36:22 GMT 2010

I haven't used SS but in thinking about it I believe you have a very
good chance of it not causing a problem. The dilute dichromate may
eventually further passivate the SS with a thin chromic oxide layer
which would further reduce any dissolution of the iron component. Of
course the amount of iron dissolving out would likely  be close to
zero from the get go.

Obviously, the use of ceramic, glass, or plastic trays would provide
much more versatility with other processes that you may wish to pursue.

Peter Friedrichsen