[alt-photo] Re: Fluka / Sigma-Adrich Ammonium Iron(III) Citrate - contains Fe(II)!!!

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Sun Jun 27 17:52:23 GMT 2010

> 2. I'm going to test in order to find the min. amnt. of peroxide that cures the problem. (Tell me if you want it to share here later...) OTOH, I'm not sure if there's any adverse effect in adding peroxide to the stock solution, both in terms of stability and picture-making. I would definitely like to have your comments and warnings (if any) on this issue.

In the old texts (don't ask me which one, I am only remembering...) it was
recommended the use of potassium permanganate in order to oxidize the
iron(II). However, I don't see any adverse effect of H2O2 if you add it drop
by drop, checking for the blue reaction after each drop.

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art102.html