[alt-photo] applying PVA size

Henry Rattle henry.rattle at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 4 12:45:48 GMT 2010

I've just acquired some Gamblin PVA size for my gum printing (thank you John
B for alerting us to Stuart R Stevenson as UK supplier - as you say, he is
most helpful). Now quite excited at the possibility of preparing a sheet or
two of paper as I go, rather than batch-processing with hot gelatine
solutions, formalin etc.

I'm a bit nervous of using my precious Richeson brush for PVA. Have those of
you who are using PVA size for gum any advice re suitable brushes and
dilutions?

Many thanks

Henry