[alt-photo] Re: Weston Diploma Parchment

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon Mar 8 13:36:35 GMT 2010

Indeed, it's a fragile paper compared to bulletproof COT 320 and such;
doesn't take handling well, especially for sheet sizes over 11x14", creases
easily, the surface is very delicate (the slightest touch while wet
processing will abrade the surface and image instantly)... Also, the
off-white base doesn't suit every image - and every process; for instance,
to me it's awful for cyanotypes, because the resulting image too greenish
for my taste. Plus, I've heard there are concerns about the "comparative"
longevity of the rosin-alum sizing. OTOH, it's a nice deviance where it fits
and the price is really compelling. As you can see, I have mixed feelings
about this paper... I have a good stash of it (200+ sheets 11x14") waiting
for further my attention; I really don't know when I'll come back to it.

Regards,
Loris.