[alt-photo] Re: Metalotypes

walter walter23 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:47:11 GMT 2010

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I really see any advantages
(other than maybe being able to call your prints "platinotypes" in the
gallery to try to squeeze a bit more money out of them), and I can
sure see a lot of disadvantages.  Not the least of which is the R&D
required to make this work, which is not going to be insignificant.
If you just want a stable B&W inkjet print on nice paper, just buy a
piezography CIS and be done with it!  There are already a lot of
alternative ink manufacturers out there, and they use very nice (and
stable) carbon pigments.