[alt-photo] Re: Alternative Exposure Unit (no pun intended)

Peter Friderichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 12 20:57:50 GMT 2010

Hi Alberto,

You bring up a good point however the gels I cut were from a "Lee
Filter"http://www.leefilters.com lighting gel swatch. Each swatch gel
has an attached chart of the transmission spectrum. It shows a
transmission graph going from 300 nm up to 800 nm. I made sure that I
chose the gels with a high degree of purity in their respective
colour, and also that they weren't transparent to UVA.

As a further layer of protection, UVB and UVC are not a concern since
the projector lamp won't emit at these shorter wavelengths and
further, there some thick glass lenses that the light has to pass
through and these will not let anything shorter than UVA to pass.

Peter Friedrichsen