[alt-photo] Re: new digital sensor

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 23 16:53:21 GMT 2010

Well, I have a Mamiya 6, and every time I use it, I am consistently
impressed with what an incredible camera it is.  I don't think they
missed a trick in the making of it.  It just seems to have
everything.  I'd be happy to use that until the end of time-- as long
as somebody keeps making 120 film.

I do hate that digital cameras seem to be like cars-- as soon as you
remove them from the store (or drive them off the lot),  already
they're out-of-date and beginning their rapid depreciation, it seems.
I use my digital camera, most especially for paid jobs, because it's
quicker and there's no CYA or guesswork-- but I have to admit, I still
love those film cameras.  As long as people keep making film, they can
do whatever they want to make us want, or need, the next best thing
(and spend yet more money).

Diana