[alt-photo] Re: Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 101, Issue 1

jackfulton jefulton1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 14:35:14 GMT 2010

First we used salt and then eggs. Along came starch and then inorganic
chemistry. Mr. Barnak created a device for the film industry that did
not become popular until the 1960's and after that we had Kodachrome
prints on Cibachrome. And, though little used IR and UV films were on
the shelf but Brovira
and DuPont, Haloid and other papers disappeared. Slowly but surely
digital prints came to use baryta and the stochastic pattern emulated
film grain
better than film grain. Looks like quantum dots painted like Holly/
Bolly-wood makeup upon sheets shall be de rigueur as light catchers.
No rest for the wicked.
Jack F