[alt-photo] Re: Cyano experience on Al plates

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Thu May 6 05:38:40 GMT 2010

Hi Rajul,

FWIW, if you come back to Masa in the future, start development placing the
print face-down, agitate for 1 - 1:30 then drain and turn the print face-up
and continue development with running water, until you see no blue coming
off the print. (13-30 seconds IME.) Then, change water and continue as usual
(no running water + agitation)... A net total of 3-4 minutes processing (5
minutes at max.) with 3 - 5 water changes is enough with Masa and Cyano
2A:1B, and that's w/o any staining (blue or yellow). Even I don't experience
yellow highlights, I put the print in a weak citric acid bath (1 dessert
spoon to 2 liters) to be on the safe side, agitate for 1 minutes, drain,
rinse in plain water (1/2 - 1 minute), put it in hydrogen peroxide (5ml in 1
liter is plenty enough - I don't measure exactly, I just put 1 cap hydrogen
peroxide into water) for 30-40 seconds, then do a final rinse in plain water
(1 minute) and that's all. Draining in every water change is important; it's
significantly more effective than simple agitation. (Alter corners in every
draining and pay attention to not drain the print so that water flows from
darks to the lights in the first turn...)

Regards,
Loris.