[alt-photo] Making ammonium iron(III) citrate and ammonium iron(III) oxalate

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Sat May 8 21:31:08 GMT 2010

Peter, (and others)

What is the method of making ammonium iron(III) citrate? (I think this
is a little bit like cooking, since you get something depending on
method - I mean structure / composition changes with method. ???)

Also, how one can compound ammonium iron(III) oxalate?

Anyone w/ information regarding those two issues?

Thanks in advance,
Loris.

P.S. I can no longer get ammonium iron(III) citrate locally, chemical
suppliers say it is not produced anymore - by their sources. (That is
Sigma-Aldrich and/or Fluka I presume. Merck wasn't listing it
already...)