[alt-photo] Re: Gum...again!

Katharine Thayer kthayer at pacifier.com
Sat May 15 16:07:55 GMT 2010

Hey Paul,
I've forgotten now what you said your exposures were for sunny
southern California, but I do remember thinking at the time that they
seemed awfully long to me, since even on the Pacific Northwest,
which isn't known for intensity of sunlight, my sun exposures were
usually less than a minute.

It's not that overexposure per se changes the color, it's that
overexposure results in dichromate stain, which dulls the colors and
needs to be cleared with a bisulfite compound.  But it's easier not
to overexpose and not to have the dichromate stain in the first place.

Katharine