[alt-photo] gum contrast...

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Mon May 17 23:00:33 GMT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments on my last question. Sodium bisulfite helped restore
brighter colors but yes, not overexposing in the first place is good advice.

Riddle me this, sil vous plait: Knowing that decresing dichromate increases
contrast, what would be the difference between a mixture of 2:1
gum/dichromate and a mixture of 1:1 where the dichromate is 1/2 strength,
both at the same exposure time?

Katherine mentions in her website that halving dichromate reduces speed by
approx one stop. If you halved the dichromate, and increased the exposure by
two, would you effectively get the same print as a 1:1? I'm trying to see
relationships in theory here...

Thanks in advance...Paul