[alt-photo] Re: Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 153, Issue 1

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Tue May 18 17:50:13 GMT 2010

FWIW, I started out with ammonium citrate developer (at room temp) for pure palladium printing and loved the tones. I migrated to warm PO after a few months and loved the warmth. However, whenever I show my earlier prints to people (including pt/pd printers) they always say, "Now, what is this?" They love the more neutral color. Maybe it's the perception of increased contrast or a perceived solidity of a darker/neutral tone, I'm not sure.

Some feel that PO gives a smoother rendition of tonality, but I like the variety of choice here and may return to AC for a series soon. I've never tried SC although I do have some in the chem closet.

Paul