[alt-photo] Re: humidity and contrast in the palladium /platinumprocesses

Jeremy Moore jeremydmoore at gmail.com
Fri May 21 15:42:30 GMT 2010

Bob,

This will introduce *more* variations in coating than coating 2 sheets at
the size he is used to working with in pt/pd. I assume he can evenly coat 2
sheets of a paper in the size he is used to working with based on his
website work and because if he can't then this test is moot and he needs to
focus on fixing that first!  Additionally, your suggestion introduces more
variables than just a change in coating procedure, i.e. drop counts, coating
time, may not have standard printing paper in a 2x size, etc.

I disagree with your suggestion and stick to my original experimental model
as it will provide a more accurate test of the affects of humidity on his
process as he normally prints. I understand why you made the suggestion, but
if the question is how humidity affects his prints as he makes them then my
model will be more accurate given the assumption of competency in the craft.

-Jeremy-