[alt-photo] Re: Epson 3800 Ink Expiration Date and Epson Driver

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 19:26:40 GMT 2010

Amy,

Looking really close I can see that both sets of test prints show some banding, although it is more pronounced in one set (the one that you tweaked the driver settings). Maybe the tweak should go in the opposite direction. Just out of curiosity, some of the squares show much less banding, or almost none (at the same grey level). Are they diifferent colors?

Maybe you have overadjusted something in the settings? I can't remember if there is a reset to factory settings thing on the printer head? It might be worth a while to get a second opinion on the printhead testing and adjustments. Somebody else might spot something that you just glossed over and now it is fixed your mind as "good".

I have been using that printer for over 2 years now, never had touched any adjustments and since switching to QTR rip as driver life has been so simple, perfect negatives every time.

Marek